Russian Tatarstan hopes to boost supply of petrochemicals from Kyrgyzstan – Business & Economy
KAZAN, November 19. /TASS/. Russian Tatarstan wants to expand the supply of petrochemicals, halal products and several other categories in Kyrgyzstan. These topics were raised during the working visit of the President of Tatarstan Rustam Minnikhanov to the country, the press service of the head of the republic reported.
“In particular, there is an interest in expanding cooperation in the field of mechanical engineering, supplying Kyrgyzstan with petrochemicals, agricultural machinery, compressors, refrigeration equipment, car tires, chemical household goods, halal products, products of the medical industry, pharmaceuticals and others”, the press service following the participation of Rustam Minnikhanov in the business forum “Tatarstan – Kyrgyzstan”.
It should be noted that the trade turnover between the two republics amounted to 41 million dollars in 2020.
There is an intergovernmental agreement between Tatarstan and Kyrgyzstan signed in December 2017. There are direct flights (one flight per week to Bishkek).
Rustam Minnikhanov also met with Deputy Chairman of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Kyrgyz Republic Aziz Aaliev and a number of government ministers. The President of Tatarstan noted the great potential for expanding trade, economic and investment contacts.
“Our visit to your country dictated by the need to further strengthen the work on the development of cooperation, including in the field of economy,” said Rustam Minnikhanov, addressing the host country.
Museum and University
The President of Tatarstan also visited the Educational Development Center of Kazan Federal University (Volga Region) in the Kyrgyz Republic, established in 2021 together with Salymbekov University, and the Chingiz Aitmatov House-Museum.
“Another exhibit appeared in the museum, today Kazan Federal University transferred archival materials. The family tree of the Utyamyshevs, ancestors of Chingiz Aitmatov (from his mother’s side) from the Kukmorskiy district. The recording was made in 1830”, – the press service indicated.