Declining birth rate in Tatarstan over the past six months — RealnoeVremya.com
Growth in the birth rate in Tatarstan was recorded only in January
3,197 babies were born in Tatarstan in July 2022. This is 11.8% less than in the same month last year when 3,625 newborns were registered, reads data from the Russian Statistical Service .
A drop in the birth rate in Tatarstan has been observed for six out of seven months this year, Realnoe Vremya found. So, in June, 3,061 babies were born in the republic in June, which
January is the only month when a rise in the birth rate was recorded in Tatarstan. 2,875 babies were born in the first month of 2022 in the republic, which is 1.4% more than the number of newborns in January 2021.
The following dynamics of declining birth rate in Tatarstan over the last six months of 2022 can be tracked according to official statistics:
- February — 2,820 newborns (-2.2%)
- March — 3,210 newborns (-15.2%)
- April — 2,801 newborns (-14.9%)
- May — 2,900 newborns (-11.25)
- June — 3,061 newborns (-15.4%)
- July — 3,197 newborns (-8.5%)
A total of 20,864 newborns were registered in Tatarstan in the first seven months of 2022. This is 10.5% less than in January-July last year.
Tatarstan is the leader of the Volga district in the number of newborns in July
Despite the decline in the birth rate, Tatarstan manages to be a leader in the number of newborns among the regions of the Volga Federal District. In July, the republic is first in the Volga Federal District.
A decline in the birth rate in July 2022 was recorded in all 14 regions of the Volga Federal District. This turned out to be most visible in Mari El. In the neighboring republic of Tatarstan, only 440 babies were born, 26.1% less than in the same month in 2021.
The most insignificant drop in the birth rate in July among the Volga regions occurred in the Orenburg Oblast — by 7.3%. 1,448 babies were born there.
Realnoe Vremya publishes a ranking of the Volga regions by the number of newborns in July 2022 with the dynamics of its fall compared to the same month last year:
- Tatarstan — 3,197 newborns (-11.8%)
- Bashkiria — 3,073 newborns (-11.9%)
- Samara Oblast — 2,234 newborns (13.4%)
- Nizhny Novgorod Oblast — 2,116 newborns (-13%)
- Perm Krai — 1,939 newborns (-8.7%).
- Orenburg Oblast — 1,448 newborns (-7.3%).
- Saratov Oblast — 1,404 newborns (-17.2%)
- Udmurtia — 1,082 newborns (-7.8%).
- Chuvashia — 926 newborns (-11.9%)
- Kirov Oblast — 772 newborns (-12.5%)
- Penza Oblast — 764 newborns (-14%)
- Ulyanovsk Oblast — 763 newborns (-15.2%)
- Mari El — 440 newborns (-26.1%)
- Mordovia — 430 newborns (-11.9%)
20,588 babies were born in general in the Volga Federal District in July. This is 12.3% less than in July 2021.