A drop in the number of students in Tatarstan — RealnoeVremya.com

Photo: Dmitry Reznov

Fewer students

A decline in the number of university students has been noted in Tatarstan over the past three years, Realnoe Vremya found out according to data from the Tatarstan Statistics Service.

Thus, in the 2021/22 academic year, 5,500 fewer students were enrolled in the republic than in 2018/19. The biggest drop in student numbers was recorded in the 2019/20 academic year – then the number of university students fell by 3,000 people at a time. Over the next academic year, the speed of the fall slowed.

Thus, in the 2020/21 academic year, there were 1,900 fewer students compared to the previous period. In 2021/22 there were 600 fewer students. If we consider professional educational organizations, there have been a thousand fewer students in the republic in the past three years and 1,300 fewer people in the last academic year.

Photo: Dmitry Reznov

More youth

More than one million people aged 14 to 35 considered young people live in Tatarstan at the beginning of 2022. This is 27.1% of the population of the republic. Males among young people in Tatarstan make up 526,900, or 50.1%. The remaining 49.9%, or 524,500 people, are girls and women.

At the same time, compared to previous years, the population of the five largest cities in Tatarstan increased by 4,200 people. The statistic includes Kazan, Naberezhnye Chelny, Nizhnekamsk and subordinate villages, Almetyevsk and Zelenodolsk.

While the total population of the republic fell by 0.2% compared to 2020. At the end of 2021, according to official statistics, 3.89 million people lived in Tatarstan.

Artyom Gafarov

Tatarstan

Rose D. Jones